Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Frustration, thy name is Vista

I have been forced to use Vista at work, because the Nintendo DS dev. kit wont run in Linux. I had to upgrade my previous XP installation to Vista last week.
Man. It is pretty much the most infuriating thing ever.

Who was their target market? I mean really. 7 year olds? 80 year olds? Pretty sure those are the only people that would find it useful to be locked out of functionality, and 'protected' from yourself.

Listen Microsoft. I have suffered through your bullshit for the past what? 20 years? Maybe 18/19 ys. XP was fine. I mean, it was a buggy piece of crap, but at least i could make it do what i wanted it to do.
Vista, i cannot.
It sorts everything in a stupid manner, that i cannot change. It opens default programs that i cannot change.
Everything is shiny and seethru and broken.
We are in the year two-thousand-and-eight. We are able to use our computers without being protected in a layer of bubblewrap so think you cant tell which way is up.

When you work all day on a computer it is like your home. You live on your desktop, it is how you do your work, communicate, breathe. Don't come into my house and tell me what i can and cannot do. Dont prevent me from walking down my own goddamn hallways.

No comments: